According to the Mapping L.A. project of the Los Angeles Times, Beverlywood is flanked on the north by Pico-Robertson, on the east by Mid-City, on the south by Palms and on the west by Cheviot Hills. Beverlywood’s street and other borders are given as: north, Cashio Street and Airdrome Street; east. Canfield Avenue and Robertson Boulevard; south, Cattaraugus Avenue; and west, Beverwil Drive and the boundary with the Hillcrest Country Club.
The borders of the Beverlywood Home Owners Association are as follows: Monte Mar Drive to the north, Hillcrest Country Club and Anchor Avenue to the west, Beverlywood Street to the south, and Robertson Boulevard to the east. These borders are marked by entrance monuments and signs.
Beverlywood was developed in 1940 by Walter H. Leimert, who also developed Leimert Park. The neighborhood consists of 1,354 single family homes, and was one of the first neighborhoods in the Los Angeles area to have binding CC&Rs. These regulations strictly limit housing size, style, color, and design along with additional restrictions on landscaping, and are enforced by a review committee.
In recent years, the neighborhood has become a hotspot for mansionization. Despite complying with HOA regulations, many residents believe that the newer and larger houses ruin the feel of the neighborhood, and have been successfully campaigning the Los Angeles City Council for regulations to restrict new home sizes.
Click to see all Real estate in the Beverlywood Vicinity community area..
[idx-listings community=”Beverlywood Vicinity” statuses=”1″ propertytypes=”513″ orderby=”DateAdded” orderdir=”DESC” count=”5″ showlargerphotos=”true”]
- $105,253 median household income (2008 dollars), high forthe city of Los Angeles and high for the county
- In Los Angeles County, Tujunga Canyons, Ramona and West Los Angeles have the most similar household incomes.
- The percentage of households earning $125,000 and up is high for the county.
- 55.3% of residents 25 and older have a four-year degree, high forthe city of Los Angeles and high for the county
- In Los Angeles County, Windsor Square, Stevenson Ranch and Encino have the nearest percentage of residents 25 and older with a four-year degree.
- The percentages of residents 25 and older with a master’s degree or higher and a bachelor’s degree are high for the county.
- The median age is 39, old for the city of Los Angeles and old for the county
- In Los Angeles County, Agua Dulce, Arcadia and Beverly Grove have similar median ages.
- The percentages of residents ages 65 and older and 35 to 49 are among the county’s highest.
Occupied housing units
- The percentages of married males, widowed males, widowed females and married females are among the county’s highest.
- There are 113 families headed by single parents. The rate is 6.9%,low for the city of Los Angelesand low for the county
- There are 348 veterans, or 7.7% of the population, about average forthe city of Los Angeles and about average for the county overall
- The percentage of veterans who served during WWII or Korea is among the county’s highest.
Ancestry and immigration
- Russian (11.6%) and Polish (6.9%) are the most common ancestries.
- 1,488 (24.5%) of residents are foreign born, low for the city of Los Angeles but about average for the county. Iran (12.1%) and Israel (9.3%) are the most common foreign places of birth.
is a neighborhood in the city of Los Angeles in the Westside region of Los Angeles County. It contains South Robertson.